Title: Smart City: Unleashing Local Data Economies in Cities
Abstract: This invitation only round-table will discuss creating data economies in cities. Cities around the world have established data platforms that provide transparency into city data. The next step is to expand on the initial success and create ecosystems that can use this data to create vibrant local data economies. But this has turned out to be impossible when not respecting the platform business model principles that have proven to be required components in the private sector. Questions to be addressed are:
- What components from the platform business model concept must be implemented?
- How can a successful digital ecosystem be created?
- What is the role of telcos and the supplier ecosystem to enable this model?
The session will also debate Smart City Living Lab. The Living Lab has been created in the Catalyst program and is based on TM Forum's Open APIs and leading third party components, bringing together global cities using a consistent architecture. It offers a repeatable pattern to cities, districts or property developers wishing to create value to their residents and the increase the value for tenants. The architecture will address the challenge of creating a vibrant data economy. Questions to be addressed are:
- How can the Living Labs support unleashing local data economies?
- How can supplier solutions and city data be used to drive the Living Lab?
- How can this value proposition be developed to provide value to our broad ecosystem?
Keynote speaker: Mike Steep, Executive Director, Stanford Global Projects Center's Digital Cities Program
Martin Brynskov, Chair, Open and Agile Smart Cities
Christian Tordo, Deputy Mayor, Nice
Juanjo Hierro, CTO, FIWARE Foundation
Ken Finnegan, Director for Technology and Innovation, Harbour Innovation Campus
Jarmo Eskelinen, Chief Innovation and Technology Officer, Future Cities Catapult
Erik Meijer, Head of Digital Transformation, Easy to Partner Strategy, Deutsche Telekom
Gerard Ponce de Leon, Chief Evangelist IoT and Smart City, Tele2